UH Hilo and Hawai'i CC students and faculty can access Mookini Library online resources away from the library.
To access a database or journal when you are not in the library, you may need to register your ID with the library (see 4, below). When clicking on a resource link, you will be asked to enter your UH username and password at the authentication screen. Read and follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
Some common problems:
1. Make sure to enter your UH username and password carefully.
2. Forgotten your username or password? Recover it at MyUH Portal, by following the links in the box in the upper left hand corner.
3. Make sure you are on the correct page(s) for your user group - Hawai'i Community College or UH Hilo. Some Library resources are only available for the UH Hilo community. Double check the database listing to make sure it doesn't say "Licensed for UH Hilo users only."
4. Have you registered your ID number with the library? You will not be able to use our online resources until you do. Immediate registration is available at the Circulation Desk with a current valid UH or government-issued photo ID. Or register your UH ID number online here. If you register your UH ID number online, please note that it will take one (1) or more days, excluding weekends and holidays, to process.
5. Browser issues:
- Your internet browser must accept cookies.
- You must temporarily disable pop-up blockers.
- Try a different browser (Firefox or Chrome instead of Internet Explorer).
- Clear your browser's cache (if you don't know how to do this, type "clear cache" and your browser name into Google or another search engine).
6. Is the database itself asking you for an ID and a password? Check Journals by Title (Hawai'i CC / UH Hilo) to make sure we have access to the year you need. For example, we only have access in ScienceDirect back to 1995 so if the article you are trying to access is from 1994, it won't be available in ScienceDirect, although it may be available in another database (check Journals by Title).
7. If you still can't access a resource, something may be wrong at their end; please try again later. If the problem lasts more than 2-3 hours, fill out our "Database Troubleshooting" form - use your UH username and password to login.
Databases sometimes "go down" for a few minutes. If you can't get in, please wait and try again later. In the meantime, maybe try a different database!
If you are still having difficulties accessing resources, please fill out our "Database Troubleshooting" form. You will receive an answer within two (2) working days (excluding weekends, holidays, and campus closures). You can also call (808) 932-7296 to talk to a librarian during regular business hours.