Databases sometimes "go down" for a few minutes. If you can't get in, please wait and try again later. In the meantime, maybe try a different database!
If the database still won't let you in, please fill out our "Database Troubleshooting"form.
UH Hilo and Hawai'i CC students and faculty can access Mookini Library online resources away from the library.
To access a database or journal when you are not in the library, you must register your ID at the beginning of each semester (see 4, below). When clicking on a resource link, you will be asked to enter your UH username and password at the authentication screen. Read and follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
Some common problems:
1. Make sure to enter your UH username and password carefully.
2. Forgotten your username or password? Recover it at MyUH Portal, by following the links in the box in the upper left hand corner.
3. Make sure you are on the correct page(s) for your user group - Hawai'i Community College or UH Hilo. Some Library resources are only available for the UH Hilo community. Double check the database listing to make sure it doesn't say "Licensed for UH Hilo users only."
4. Have you validated your ID number this semester? You will not be able to use our online resources until you do. Immediate validation is available at the Circulation Desk with a current valid UH or government-issued photo ID. Or validate your UH ID number online here. If you validate your UH ID number online, please note that it will take one (1) or more days, excluding weekends and holidays, to process.
5. Is the database itself asking you for an ID and a password? Something is wrong at their end; please try again later. If the problem lasts more than 2-3 hours, fill out our "Database Troubleshooting" form - use your UH username and password to login.