Consult with a Librarian
Contact your Subject Area librarian to:
- learn more about library resources, both physical and electronic
- become familiar with RefWorks, a citation manager available to faculty and students
- discuss how library services, such as interlibrary loan, Course Reserves, and Book-a-Librarian can enhance teaching and learning
- plan a library instruction session for your students (Librarians will create a session specific to the needs of your class and students.)
- recommend library materials that support the curiculum of your subject area
Many of the library's online resources provide stable URLs to link to articles, books, film clips, etc. but may need additional information to work - the document below shows how.
Films On Demand is a state-of-the-art platform streaming educational videos in numerous subject areas, including Business, Health, Humanities, Maths, and Sciences - both Natural and Social. You can search it by title or segment, and link videos to Laulima for students to view. Closed captioning is available for many titles.
Web of Science: Science Citation Index Expanded 1981-present (Licensed for UHH users only)
"The world’s leading citation database with multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Powerful tools include cited reference searching, Citation Maps, and the Analyze Tool." More information about help, tutorials, importing citations into RefWorks.
The library will get items from the shelf and hold them for faculty and staff!
- Just go to Hawaii Voyager catalog and find the item you want.
- Select Get this Item from the options in the blue box on the right side of the Item Record.
- You will need to log in with your UH Username and password. Then select Hold or transfer this item and select UH Hilo as the Pickup location.
- The item(s) will be available approximately 24 hours (when library is open) after request and must be picked up within 7 days.
- This works for Mookini Library's DVDs, too - make sure to select UH Hilo Video Request Form - Faculty. If you need the DVD to show in class, please make sure to follow the instructions regarding Date needed by.