Interlibrary Loan at Edwin H.Mookini Library
Welcome to the Interlibrary Loan LibGuide.
What is ILL?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service provided for current University of Hawaii at Hilo and Hawaii Community College students, faculty, and staff by which materials, not owned by the library, are obtained from other libraries.
- No fees associated with the placing of requests
- Textbooks cannot be requested
- You will be contacted via email when items arrive - ALERT! Check your email spam folder. It has been reported that some notifications have been going directly to the spam folder.
- Articles are delivered to your ILLiad account (Electronically Received Articles) and stored for 30 days
- Delivered articles can be downloaded and printed
- Books have a loan period anywhere from two weeks to one month
- Books can be picked up and returned to the Library's Circulation Desk.
- Renewal of books can be done within your ILLiad account. Renewals are determined by the home library
- Audiovisual materials and microforms are not available through ILL
- Borrowers are responsible for fees charged by the lending library for overdue, lost, or damaged items
- A non pick-up fee of $3.00 per item will be issued for items that are requested and not picked up
ALERT! Check your email spam folder as it has been reported that some notifications have been going directly to the spam folder.
When do I Use Interlibrary Loan?
Before requesting an item through ILL:
- Check Hawaii Voyager to see if the book or journal issue is available in hard copy in the UH System. If it is at another libraryl in the UH system, use the Hawaii Voyager catalog to request it.
- Check Journals by Title to see if the journal issue is available electronically through one of our databases.